04 April 2009

Bathroom furniture

Tom's patience with my "look at every piece of furniture ever made before making a decision" strategy finally ran out. We rummaged around at a few of the local antique stores and found something we both agreed on, and for a pretty reasonable price. It was hiding in a dark corner in the basement, behind a rack of excellent 1980s pleather pants (I don't know, don't ask me).

We think the marble inset in the top will complement our tile nicely. Also, the curvy front will hopefully help to soften the hard visual lines of the two pedestal sinks. We like the fact that it is up on four legs, which seems like an excellent idea in a bathroom.

We haven't actually bought it yet, but we'll be going back tomorrow to nab it. It's listed at $160, but, being my mother's daughter, I'll see if I can haggle a little bit. I think Tom is a little embarrassed about that strategy, but what have we got to lose, really? The worst they can say is no, and then we pay full price anyway. I'll take pictures of it tomorrow in its new home and post them shortly thereafter.

No comments: