I've been wanting to mulch the front flower bed since I planted the pieris and hyacinths, but it has been raining pretty much nonstop. Despite my best efforts to keep the street gutter clean, there has been standing water there since the rain started. Oh well.
The wet weather has given me a great excuse to get things done indoors. I first put all the tools back into the nook at the top of the stairs:
Still looks messy, but everything is tidy and visible.
That freed up enough room in the bedroom for me to crack open the paint I bought from the big sale at Sherwin-Williams.
About $36 for two gallons. Not shabby!
I had them mix a custom color between two adjacent color chips. It is a hue between SW Embellished Blue and SW Waterfall.
I started painting anyway, knowing that it always looks different on the walls than in the can, and I could always paint over it with another color if it was totally horrible. Oh boy. It went from mint to MINT!. I spent a lot of time picking out the paint color and was pretty bummed that it was reading as bright mint green on the white walls. I kept on trucking, though, and now I'm glad I did. Now that it's surrounded by itself rather than white, it looks more like the aqua color I expected. Whew. Color crisis averted! I'll have to provide a picture another time - the rainy gray outside wasn't providing good lighting for photos.