09 January 2012

While we were in Houston for Christmas, I headed out to Anthropologie with a couple of my sisters to check out their hardware. Luck was on my side and everything I got was on clearance to begin with, and all clearance items were an additional 50% off. I bought 6 melon cabinet knobs ($1.50 each), 1 doorknob ($5), and 5 iron hooks ($1.50 each), bringing my grand total to under $23 including tax. Paying full price is for suckers!

Taken with my new camera. Thanks MOM!

And because I'm impatient I wanted to see what the knobs would look like on the dresser-turned-vanity (which is currently still a dresser). The top drawers had 2 knobs each originally, but I filled and sanded the holes and will just put one knob in the middle (the old knob layout required 8 knobs, but the store only had 6 matching pink ones on clearance). I also stained the top with a walnut stain and will be applying a Waterlox finish soon.
 

Now to decide what color to paint the rest of it. At the rate we're going, I've got 10 years to decide, so there's no great rush.

No comments: