16 October 2009

So much going on, none of it at the house.

I apologize for being such a bad blogger recently. There has been a lot going on. Without getting too deeply into the sordid details, I quit my job on Thursday. It was a decision made in the heat of the moment, but I can honestly say I don't regret it, and that I'm confident I made the right choice. I haven't been able to work at the house either, though, so there's not much to show since my last report. Last weekend, Tom and I hung some more drywall in the bathroom, finishing the sink wall and mostly finishing another wall. That leaves us two walls and the shower and tub (half-)walls to hang.

Instead of looking for a new job right away, I plan on putting in some major hours at the house as soon as I'm able. Oh, and do you remember the horrible bubbling of Tom's mudding/taping job? It's totally disappeared. Smooth as a baby's behind. And some of the areas that I know I left perfectly smooth have bubbled a bit as they dried. ??? I certainly can't explain it. Maybe that husband of mine is handier than we know. I'm just glad I don't have to rip out nearly as much of it as I thought I would.

1 comment:

glenna said...

Take it easy for a while. Sure wish I could come to your aid. Can't believe how your dad has handled me being away for over a week so far.....probably much better than your brother has. They want to act like all is well. We'll see....and if it is, then maybe I CAN come. Love MOM